TITLE OF POSITION
Assistant AD, Equipment Operations & Brand Management
This position directs all aspects of the Athletic Department’s team equipment services function, which entails supervision of athletic equipment issues, coordination of equipment purchasing, equipment maintenance & repair, laundry services, equipment storage, safety and quality assurance, and inventory management as well as related duties associated with the support of daily practices, home competitions and away football games.
60% of the time, the Assistant AD, Equipment Operations must:
- Oversees all aspects of the athletic department equipment operations.
- Manages and oversees the issuing of all practice and game equipment to student-athletes; provides proper fitting equipment; launders all uniforms and practice gear; prepares and packs all gear for home and away contests and assigns and checks in all athletic lockers.
- Supervises, provides training and direction, and evaluates full-time and part-time staff, student assistants, and team managers in support of the department equipment operations for 18 sports programs.
- Works cooperatively with coaches and administration to support strategic planning, budget management, crisis management, review, and analysis for all areas related to the administration of the equipment room operations.
- Provides in-service training for the use of equipment to student-athletes, coaches, visiting teams, and equipment room assistants.
- Manages home game operations in compliance with Hampton University, CAA, and NCAA game operations and facility use guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Keeps accurate electronic records of all transactions involved in the receiving, storing, and quality control of athletic gear and other items as assigned.
35% of the time, the Assistant AD, Equipment Operations must:
- Primary direct responsibility is the support of men’s and women’s basketball, volleyball, beach volleyball, and gymnastics equipment services.
- Oversees all aspects of the Under Armour and BSN programs.
- Works collaboratively with athletics brand committee and trademarks & licensing staff to ensure team uniforms conform to university and NCAA guidelines.
- Maintains equipment inventory using inventory management software.
- This position must be able to work weekends and evenings regularly.
5% of the time, the Assistant AD, Equipment Operations, must perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and compliance with NCAA, conference, and university rules and regulations.
- Experience and knowledge in the management and maintenance of athletic team equipment and uniforms.
- Excellent communication skills to work as a high-level customer service representative for event patrons.
- Knowledge of supervisory skills
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and a completed Application for Educational Support Staff Employment to the: You may edit this to include your requirements
Office of Human Resources
Hampton, VA 23668
**No phone calls
As a condition of employment, Hampton University requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, unless you submit and are approved for a medically contraindicated exemption or religious exemption.