- CURRENT PENN STATE EMPLOYEE (faculty, staff, technical service, or student), please login to Workday to complete the internal application process. Please do not apply here, apply internally through Workday.
- CURRENT PENN STATE STUDENT (not employed previously at the university) and seeking employment with Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the student application process. Please do not apply here, apply internally through Workday.
- If you are NOT a current employee or student, please click “Apply” and complete the application process for external applicants.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
Penn State Intercollegiate Athletics (ICA), a Division 1 and Big Ten Conference Institution is seeking candidates for the position of Assistant Director of Football Equipment. The position will work in conjunction and report to the Assistant Athletic Director for Equipment Services to ensure the football equipment room and needs of the football team are met on a daily basis. The Assistant Director of Football Equipment will manage the various equipment needs of our football program in all aspects surrounding practice, travel, and game day.
- Work closely with football coaches, student athletes, and staff, advising them with respect to purchase, issue, and return of all athletic equipment.
- Direct the work of the student managers to ensure that the needs of the coaches, student-athletes, and staff are met on a daily basis in regards to practice, games, team travel, and other football related duties.
- Hire, supervise, and direct the student manager staff, wage payroll staff, and volunteer staff.
- Budget and purchase football equipment in conjunction with the Assistant AD for Equipment Services.
- Work with Penn State purchasing on RFP’s RFQ’s, Sole Source, and Purchase Orders for the purchase of football equipment.
- Order other equipment and accessories for football along with tracking and receipt of orders.
- Implementation of department inventory control system.
- Order with our main apparel vendor, Nike, and utilize their Gameday ordering system.
- Oversee and manage the equipment room as it pertains to laundry area, shipping and receiving areas, and main storage areas as it pertains to football.
- Keep and maintain accurate inventories.
The ideal candidate will possess/demonstrate the following:
- Knowledge of athletic equipment and its’ proper use.
- Knowledge of NOCSAE and NAERA standards as it pertains to football equipment.
- Experience with laundry services for athletic teams.
- Ability to perform in a professional manner in a high pressure environment.
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible.
- Basic computer experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to keep detailed records.
- Ability to work flexible and irregular hours including traveling to all away games, weekends, and holiday.
Education and Experience:
Typically requires an associate’s degree or higher plus at least three years of related experience, with a bachelor’s degree preferred. Prefers six to seven years of related, demonstrated facilities management experience.
In addition, our preferred qualifications include:
- Five years working in an FBS, FCS, or professional team equipment room.
- Experience with Nike (or other brand) ordering system.
- Experience with Sportsoft (or competitor) inventory control system.
- Knowledge of University branding, logos, and trademark regulations, as well as, conference and NCAA rules as they pertain to recruiting, equipment and uniform logo requirement.
- Athletic Equipment Manager Certification.
This position requires the following clearances: PA State Police Criminal Background Check, PA Child Abuse History Clearance Form, and Federal (FBI) Fingerprint Criminal Background Check. This position requires that you operate a motor vehicle as a part of your job duties. A valid driver’s license and successful completion of a motor vehicle records check will be required.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity in society and nature, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act and the Pennsylvania Act of 1988, Penn State publishes a combined Annual Security and Annual Fire Safety Report (ASR). The ASR includes crime statistics and institutional policies concerning campus security, such as those concerning alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. The ASR is available for review here.
Employment with the University will require successful completion of background check(s) in accordance with University policies.
EEO IS THE LAW
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact 814-865-1473.