Virginia Military Institute (VMI), an NCAA Division I and Southern Conference (SOCON) member, is seeking candidates for the position of Assistant Director of Athletics Equipment & Services. The position reports to the Director of Athletics Equipment & Services. and will be responsible for assisting with all equipment, laundry services, operations and selected field preparations within the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, interfacing daily with coaches and administration.
- Applicants must have a demonstrated ability to fit and repair protective athletic equipment.
- Manage inventory of all equipment, footwear, and apparel.
- Strong organizational skills required. Must be able to multitask and work independently.
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to interact with coaching staff on a daily basis are required.
- Work schedule is varied and includes nights and weekends.
- Supervise the execution of laundry services for athletic programs with emphasis on timely return of practice and competition gear and proper washing and drying to protect and extend life of apparel.
- Travel to selected team competitions for operational support.
- Coordinate review of purchasing with vendors.
- Represent department across VMI in purchasing, physical plant, police and other Institute offices.
- Manage, along with direct supervisor, the department’s contract execution with footwear and apparel companies.
- Manage, along with direct supervisor, the department’s branding efforts and style guide compliance.
- Oversight of field painting and general preparation of facilities for athletics practices and contests.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director Athletics Equipment & Services and/or Director of Intercollegiate Athletics or his/her designee.
- A bachelor’s degree and at least one year of relevant experience is required,
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- AEMAcertification or ability to obtain within one year.
- Two years of athletics equipment/services experience with at least one year working with football.
Candidates can apply at: Assistant Director of Athletic Equipment & Services – Full-time- Job Application
VMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against anyone because of race, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sex, age, or disability. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.VMI will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with documented disabilities to ensure equal access and equal opportunities with regard to employment, educational opportunities, programs and services.