Location Belknap Campus
Type Full time
Posted 3 Days Ago
Job requisition ID R100844
Time Type:Full time
Job Req ID:R100844
Minimum Requirements:Bachelor’s degree in Sports Administration or related field and one year related experience working with collegiate athletic program or equivalent combination of education and work experience. AEMA certification upon hire or obtain within one year of hire. Valid driver’s license, must be insurable by University insurance carrier, employment physical, able to lift, carry and load equipment/boxes up to 25 lbs. required. Ability to travel and work nights, weekends and holidays required.
The Assistant Equipment Manager reports to the Associate Director of Equipment Operations and responsible to assist in the day-to-day operations of assigned sport(s).
- Assist in the day-to-day operations of assigned sport(s)
- Maintain accurate records by using the computerized inventory as well as performs inventory checks requested by the Director of Equipment Operations
- Supervise student managers
- Serve as liaison to Adidas for testing and evaluation of all Adidas product
- Assist with the orders to be placed for all vendors
- Assist with any recruiting-related functions
- Assist in oversight of assigned equipment room
- Oversee the packing of all travel and required gear for games
- Responsible for receiving, marking, fitting, and distribution of uniforms and equipment for both coaches and student-athletes.
- Responsible for the maintenance of uniforms and equipment, including but not limited to laundering, storing, and repairing.
- Adherence to University, ULAA, ACC, and NCAA policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Equipment Operations or the Associate Director of Equipment Operations
- Work experience in NCAA Division I athletic program with the following sports: Softball, Volleyball, Swimming and Diving, Track and Field/Cross Country, Field Hockey, Baseball and Soccer
- Experience with an inventory management system (e.g., ACS, Helmet Tracker)
The Athletic Department is committed to creating equitable and inclusive campus environments that accelerate the success of the full range of our students and employees. We believe that employees who feel valued and respected will create policies, programs, practices, research agendas, and services to effectively meet the needs and exceed the expectations of the increasingly diverse student populations we admit and hope to serve.
The Athletic Department encourages candidates to apply who have demonstrated capacity to create inclusive work environments, will work effectively on increasingly diverse teams, and will serve the increasingly diverse students we admit and want to attract.
Target Compensation Maximum:$24.97
Target Compensation Minimum:$14.72
Compensation will be commensurate to candidate experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Louisville is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, age, color, national origin, ethnicity, creed, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, pregnancy, or veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact the Employment team at [email protected] or 502.852.6258.
Assistance and Accommodations
Computers are available for application submission at the Human Resources Department located at 215 Central Avenue, Ste 205 – Louisville, Kentucky 40208.
If you require assistance or accommodation with our online application process, please contact us by email at [email protected] or by phone 502-852-6258.