Assistant Director of Equipment Services
Athletics Administration – Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh – (24001220)
Oversees athletic equipment and apparel operations for University sports including but not limited to Cross Country, Gymnastics, Track & Field, Volleyball, and Wrestling.
Oversees athletic equipment and apparel operations for University sports. Maintains inventory for assigned sports programs/teams and complies with all regulations. Facilitates creation and implementation of facility and travel procedures. Researches and collaborates to determine equipment/apparel needs and negotiates purchases with vendors. Manages allotment budget, generates reports, and performs related financial duties.
•Oversees athletic equipment and apparel operations for University sports, including ordering, receiving, fitting for safety regulations, distributing, storing, embellishing, maintaining, and repairing while adhering to all applicable safety and conference guidelines.
•Maintains an accurate and sufficient inventory for assigned sports programs/teams and support areas, following all conference and national regulations.
•Facilitates creation and implementation of procedures for apparel and equipment travel schedules, storeroom access, lockers, and laundry services. Institutes and monitors inventory control measures.
•Collaborates to determine equipment/apparel needs, researches options, and negotiates purchases with vendors. Interprets and administers provider contracts as directed.
Must be able to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. May be required to move objects up to 50 pounds with or without assistance of equipment.
The University of Pittsburgh is committed to championing all aspects of diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility within our community. This commitment is a fundamental value of the University and is crucial in helping us advance our mission, which includes attracting and retaining diverse workforces. We will continue to create and maintain an environment that allows individuals to discover, belong, contribute, and grow, while honoring the experiences, perspectives, and unique identities of all.
The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and values equality of opportunity, human dignity and diversity. EOE, including disability/vets.
Assignment Category Full-time regular
Job Classification- Staff-Athletics Equipment Services Manager
Job Family- Athletics
Job Sub-Family Equipment Operations
Minimum Education Level Required- Bachelor’s Degree
Minimum Years of Experience Required- 3
- Will this position accept substitution in lieu of education or experience? Combination of education and relevant experience will be considered in lieu of education and/ or experience requirement.
- Additional details about Required Licensure/Certification AEMA Certification or certified within one year of employment required. An equivalent combination of work experience and high level playing experience may be substituted at the discretion of the University.
- Work Schedule Varies
- Work Arrangement On-Campus: Teams that work on campus, in an office, or in a lab.
- Hiring Range TBD Based Upon Qualifications
- Relocation Offered- Yes
- Visa Sponsorship Provided- No
- Background Check For position finalists, employment with the University will require successful completion of a background check
- Child Protection Clearances The following PA Act 153 clearances and background checks are required prior to commencement of employment and as a condition of continued employment: PA State Police Criminal Record Check, FBI Criminal Record Check, PA Child Abuse History Clearance.
- Required Documents Resume, Cover Letter
- Optional Documents Not Applicable