Time type: Full
Time posted on: Posted 14 Days Ago
Job requisition id: REQ_0000039629
- CURRENT PENN STATE EMPLOYEE (faculty, staff, technical service, or student), please login to Workday to complete the internal application process. Please do not apply here, apply internally through Workday.
- CURRENT PENN STATE STUDENT (not employed previously at the university) and seeking employment with Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the student application process. Please do not apply here, apply internally through Workday.
- If you are NOT a current employee or student, please click “Apply” and complete the application process for external applicants.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
Penn State Intercollegiate Athletics is searching for a full time Athletic Equipment and Facilities Worker to join their team. Duties include:
- Dispense towels, athletic clothing and playing equipment from the stock room
- Assign baskets and locks to students in Required Physical Education classes, other undergraduate and graduate students who request a basket, lock and towel
- Exchange daily towels and athletic clothing used by athletic team members and students in classes
- Obtain and properly file identification cards of students who check out playing equipment
- Operate the alphabetic and numeric system used in the assigning of baskets and lockers
- Know class schedules, team practice times and special events
- Explain and interpret various policies and regulations regarding the use of the building
- Have equipment available at specific times; check out and in
- Record fees paid by students and faculty for locker and towels
- Direct the work of student workers; maintain work schedule
- Condition and make minor repairs to athletic equipment, as required
- Report major repairs to supervisor
- Receive and check new equipment against equipment orders; notify supervisor of receipt of equipment; maintain inventory
- Pack required equipment for various athletic teams such as football, soccer, etc., when they are traveling; see that equipment is put on bus or traveling vehicle; unpack, sort, and check equipment upon return to campus; wash and dry clean equipment; report damage or shortages to supervisor
- Drive trucks to deliver equipment and supplies to athletic events
- Responsible for equipment during the game and returning same after the game
- Inspect and make minor repairs to special equipment and building facilities such as adjusting cylinders, and repairing electric cords; report major repairs to supervisor
- Operate P.A. systems, be aware of proper tone control and voice levels
- Direct student help and prepare building for athletic events such as press area, erecting bleachers, mats, baskets, platforms, chairs, treat floors, etc.; remove material and equipment to proper storage places; clean floor
- Make secure class equipment storage area and varsity sport areas during working hours
- Wash and dry clothing and towels; deliver athletic equipment as required
- Perform other duties related or similar to the type described above
Job Requirements: Requires the use of commercial English, grammar and arithmetic such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division, including decimals and fractions; simple use of formulas, charts, tables, drawings, specifications, schedules, wiring diagrams, together with the use of adjustable measuring instruments, graduates and the like requiring interpretation in their various applications; or the posting, preparation, interpretation, use and checking of reports, forms, records and comparable data. 9 to 12 months of effective experience.
Work Schedule: Various
Days Off: Various
This position requires the following clearances: PA State Police Criminal Background Check, PA Child Abuse History Clearance Form, and Federal (FBI) Fingerprint Criminal Background Check. NOTE: THIS POSITION REQUIRES THAT YOU OPERATE A MOTOR VEHICLE AS A PART OF YOUR JOB DUTIES. A VALID DRIVER`S LICENSE AND SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF A MOTOR VEHICLE RECORDS CHECK WILL BE REQUIRED IN ADDITION TO STANDARD BACKGROUND CHECKS.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity in society and nature, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act and the Pennsylvania Act of 1988, Penn State publishes a combined Annual Security and Annual Fire Safety Report (ASR). The ASR includes crime statistics and institutional policies concerning campus security, such as those concerning alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. The ASR is available for review here.
Employment with the University will require successful completion of background check(s) in accordance with University policies.
EEO IS THE LAW
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applications without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact 814-865-1473.
Federal Contractors Labor Law Poster
Penn State Covid-19 Vaccination or Testing Requirements
Penn State is committed to the health of our local and global communities. As a condition of employment, all employees are required to comply with COVID-19 vaccination or testing requirements. Click on Penn State Covid-19 Vaccination or Testing Requirements to learn about the requirements as well as general COVID-19 information at Penn State.
HotlinesUniversity Park, PA