Athletics Equipment Specialist (Contractual) – (230000K9)
Towson University (TU) is one of the nation’s top 100 public universities. Located north of Baltimore, TU currently enrolls over 19,000 students and is the second-largest university in the prestigious University System of Maryland. Towson University values diversity and fosters a climate that is grounded in respect and inclusion to cultivate the intellectual and personal growth of the entire university community.
Under the supervision of the Equipment Room Manager, the Athletics Equipment Specialist performs activities pertaining to the receipt, storage, issuance, and maintenance of athletic clothing and equipment.
Under the supervision of the Equipment Room Manager, the Athletics Equipment Specialist performs activities pertaining to the receipt, storage, issuance, and maintenance of athletic clothing and equipment. Sports covered are Football, Men’s and Women’s Lacrosse, Track & Field and Cross Country.
Responsibilities and Duties
Responsibilities for the Athletics Equipment Specialist include, but are not limited to the following:
· Conducts physical inventory to ensure that adequate supplies, materials, and equipment are maintained in the department
· Prepares equipment for athletic events and programs; sets up equipment for specified activities
· Prepares athletic clothing for various athletic events and practices
· Receives, distributes, cleans, repairs, maintains, sets up, loads for transit and unloads upon return clothing and equipment
· Operates laundry and dry-cleaning equipment
· Prepares and updates logs and reports reflecting distribution, inventory, and maintenance activities
· Performs other duties in support of the equipment room as assigned
The work hours for this position may include some nights and weekends for athletic games/events.
Qualifications and Skills
- High School diploma or GED
- Three years of experience in receiving, storing, issuing, laundering, cleaning, and repairing sports equipment and clothing
General knowledge of care and use of athletic equipment and clothing; knowledge of the methods of warehousing athletic equipment and clothing; ability to repair sports equipment and clothing; ability to operate laundry and dry-cleaning equipment and to use hand tools; ability to communicate effectively and follow instructions; ability to lift, move, assemble and install large sports equipment.
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
- Experience in a collegiate athletics environment
Salary and Benefits
$18.57 per hour and a contract that offers annual leave, holidays, sick days. Contractual employees scheduled to work 30 or more hours per week may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage. The position is contingent on funds being available at time of hire. To learn more about our benefits, click here. TU also offers a variety of great perks and discounts, which can be found here.
For consideration, please submit a resume with your online application. This position will be open for a minimum of 14 days.
The safety of our students, faculty, staff, and neighbors has been our top priority and the focus of every one of our decisions since the earliest days of the COVID-19 pandemic. Therefore, the University System of Maryland (USM) has strongly encouraged full COVID vaccination and up-to-date booster shots (when eligible) for all faculty, staff, and students at all schools in the USM as both a reasonable and necessary means of protecting our health and safety.
: Athletics Division
: Main Campus
: Aug 31, 2023