Open Until filled
Hampton University is a highly competitive Division I program committed to academic and athletic excellence. The Department of Athletics at Hampton is now accepting applications for the position of Director of Equipment Operations & Brand Management to support various sports programs.
The Director of Equipment Operations & Brand Management is responsible for performing operations involving athletic equipment for one or more assigned sports programs. He/She demonstrates proficiency with core duties involving the preparation of requisition forms, the receipt, distribution, and retrieval of all materials for staff and student-athletes, and maintaining current inventories for all assigned sports.
The Director of Equipment Operations & Brand Management position exists to provide a high level of program support to all assigned Intercollegiate Athletic Sports and to assist in achieving a nationally recognized program both on and off the field in a manner that meets all guidelines set by Hampton University, the CAA, and the NCAA.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare requisition forms for all assigned sports.
- Receive, distribute, and retrieve all materials for staff and student-athletes.
- Maintain student-athlete’s property records in accordance with NCAA rules and regulations.
- Maintain a current inventory for all assigned sports.
- Assist the Assistant Athletics Director of Equipment Operations & Brand Management in determining individual sports equipment needs for budget meetings.
- Maintain an inventory of all athletic equipment and keep accurate records of the issuance of equipment to student-athletes, coaches, and staff.
- Provide laundry service for athletic clothing and uniforms.
- Pack, store, and unpack athletic equipment and clothing for home and away games.
- Determine proper storage methods and identification.
- Coordinate the assignment of student-athlete lockers.
- Clean and maintain equipment.
- Repair damaged equipment when necessary.
- Meet with sales representatives on new and existing products.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
- Licensure: Athletics Equipment Manager’s Association certification (E.M., C.) or obtain within the first two years of employment.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules & regulations.
- Experience supervising staff.
- Successful completion of criminal history background check.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Education: High School diploma or GED is required.
- Experience: Some related Athletics equipment room experience.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience: Experience in equipment room operations for a collegiate athletic program.
- Experience supporting the Olympic sports mentioned above.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and a completed Application for Educational Support Staff Employment either via email at [email protected] or fax to (757) 727-5969:
Office of Human Resources
Hampton, VA 23668
**No phone calls
**Incomplete applications will not be considered
**As a condition of employment, Hampton University requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 to include the COVID-19 booster, unless you submit and are approved for a medically contraindicated exemption or religious exemption.