The University of South Alabama, a NCAA Division I institution, charter member of the Sun Belt Conference and located on the Gulf Coast in Mobile, Alabama, is seeking applicants for the position of Football Equipment Intern.
The successful applicant responsibilities include:
– Apparel and equipment management for assigned sports
– Opportunity to learn b2b adidas ordering system
– Equipment maintenance, fitting, and safety protocols
– Game day set up/duties
– Packing and preparation for home and away games
– Receiving shipments and delivering goods
– Opportunity for A.E.M.A. certification
– Assist with laundry scheduling and execution
– Assist with on-campus recruiting as needed
– Organizing football practice assignments for student managers
– Travel to all home and away games
– Develop appropriate and routine maintenance plans for equipment
– Maintain good locker room hygiene and cleaning practices
This is an annual internship for 1 year…can be extended at the end of 1 year for certain circumstance. The position pays $1,000/mo and includes no benefits or tuition/books/fees/meals/housing. Enrollment in classes is NOT required. Intern will work for and report to the Assistant Athletic Director/Equipment Services. Interested applicants should email cover letter, resume and at least three (3) references to [email protected]. Employment will require applicable background/credit checks.
The University of South Alabama is an EO/AA employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression), religion, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited institution as approved and accepted by the University of South Alabama, possession of a valid driver’s license and maintenance of a driving record sufficient to maintain insurance coverage under the University of South Alabama.