Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America’s Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
Statesboro Campus – Statesboro, GA
The Assistant Athletic Equipment Manager will provide and manage appropriate and safety equipment, uniforms and laundry service for assigned Olympic Sports, with minimal involvement in football-related responsibilities.
- Work closely with assigned coaches to advise them with respect to purchasing, issuing and returning of all athletic equipment and apparel.
- Order, receive, inventory, track, and properly fit all Georgia Southern Athletics Student Athletes, Staff, and Coaches with Adidas apparel, footwear, headwear, as well as other equipment and accessories based on assigned sports.
- Order, receive, inventory, track and properly fit all Georgia Southern Athletics Student Athletes, Staff, and Coaches with other equipment and accessories based on assigned sports.
- Oversee and manage team workout, practice and game laundry for assigned sports.
- Maintain a proper inventory and tracking with the use of EquipCheck inventory system.
- Assist the Head Coach or Equipment Room Designee with the development and monitoring of the assigned sports equipment budget to ensure budget limits and procurement policies are correctly followed.
- Supervise and delegate various responsibilities to student employees.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Two (2) or more years of applicable experience in a Division I equipment room
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Certification from Athletic Equipment Managers Association or certification achieved within one year of employment
Preferred Educational Qualifications
- Master’s Degree
- Experience with using an inventory tracking system
$19.37 per hour
This is a non-exempt position paid on a bi-weekly basis.
Required Documents to Attach
- Two (2) Professional References
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Ability to support various constituencies served by the University
- Proven proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office, Google, and/or applications as required for specific position
- Ability to demonstrate good sportsmanship and highest level of personal integrity
- Ability to adjust to changes in leadership, acceptance of policy changes and goals of the University, Athletics Department and Equipment Room leadership in a fast-paced and ever-changing working environment.
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service with student-athletes, coaches and staff.
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University’s mission for student success
- Understanding of and proven commitment to comply with NCAA, Sun Belt Conference and institutional athletic rules and regulations
- Effective communication (verbal and written), organizational and human relations skills
- Demonstrated commitment to athletic and academic excellence
Apply Before Date
October 20, 2023
Application review may begin on October 12, 2023.
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Legally authorized to work in the United States for the duration of employment without assistance from the University.
Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
Proof of valid driver’s license upon hire and throughout employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the America with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- May be required to maneuver items weighing up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
- Work performed in indoor and outdoor environments; practices and competition that are subject to extreme heat and cold, rain, snow, other noises, and hazards
- Travel required
- This is not a supervisory position.
- This position will be required to drive.
- This role is considered a position of trust.
- Position of Trust + Education