GA Pre-Professional – Athletics – Equipment
Work type: On Campus
Location: Normal, Illinois
Title: GA Pre-Professional – Athletics – Equipment – SUMMER 2024-SPRING 2025
Division Name: Presidential
Department: Intercollegiate Athletics
Campus Location: Normal, IL
Illinois State University, a NCAA Division I institution, member of the Missouri Valley Conference invites applications for the position of Graduate Assistant for Equipment within the department of Athletics. This pre-professional, 12-month position includes a tuition waiver and a stipend. The successful applicant must meet the admission requirements for Illinois State’s Graduate School.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1.Inventory and evaluation of equipment
2. Laundry operation for assigned sports
3. Equipment receipt, storage, issue and return
4. Perform game day and travel duties
5. Assist teams with their recruiting efforts with displays
6. Recruitment and management of student workers and interns
7. Equipment maintenance
8. Other duties as assigned from the Director of Equipment
9. Night and weekend work with the possibility of holiday work.
As a part of your responsibilities, you will follow the regulations and guidelines of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), the Missouri Valley Conference or the Missouri Valley Football conference, the Athletics Department, and Illinois State University.
Salary Rate / Pay Rate
As noted in offer letter
1. Eligible for appointment as per the requirements in the Graduate Assistant Handbook which can be found at http://hr.illinoisstate.edu/downloads/GA_Handbook.pdf
2. Bachelor’s Degree
3. Must be a degree seeking graduate student at Illinois State University in Recreation Administration or Sports Management
4. Must be registered for at least 3 credit hours during the summer semester.
1. AEMA certification (or eligible for certification within a year of hire)
2. Working knowledge of athletic equipment apparatuses (i.e. laundry machines, heat press, etc.)
3. Prior athletic equipment experience, specifically with football and basketball
4. A working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
5. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Proposed Starting Date
Required Applicant Documents
– Resume / C.V.
– Cover Letter
– Reference List
Please Note: These documents are required to be submitted online in order to complete the application process. Please have these documents ready prior to clicking on “Apply”
Special Instructions for Applicants
This 12-month appointment will consist of a 2-month summer appointment (either as a monthly GA or an hourly student position depending on course enrollment) and a 10-month GA appointment for August to May.
Note: If you have not yet been assigned a University ID, but are interested in applying for this graduate assistantship, please proceed with the graduate assistant application process. For the first question regarding your University ID, simply enter in nine (9) zeros (e.g., 000000000).
You must be eligible for employment in the United States and at Illinois State University and/or for the number of hours required for the position.
Illinois State University student employees are restricted to no more than 28 hours per week of on-campus employment for all positions held. International students are restricted by their visa status to no more than 20 hours per week of on-campus employment when the university is in session but may work up to 28 hours per week when the university is not in session. Please contact the Office of International Student and Scholar Services for guidance on visa restrictions on work hours. The University cannot grant exceptions to visa status rules/laws.
Contact Information for Applicants
Important Information for Applicants
This position is subject to a criminal background investigation and if applicable, an employment history review, based on University Policy 3.1.30 and any offer of employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation and/or an employment history review. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or other state or federal law you may request an accommodation by contacting the Office of Equal Opportunity and Access at (309) 438-3383. The Office of Equal Opportunity and Access will hold any confidential information you provide in confidence.
If you are having difficulty accessing the system, please call Human Resources at (309) 438-8311.
Application Opened: 12/10/2023 06:00 AM CST
Application Closes: 01/01/2024 11:55 PM CST