HIRING TWO POSITIONS
POSITION: Graduate Assistant – Athletic Equipment Management Assistant (Convocation Center)
AVAILABLE: 2023-2024 Academic Year
SALARY: Tuition Scholarship and $8,000 Stipend
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree required from an Accredited College or University. Applicants must be admitted to the Coaching Education graduate program with The Gladys W. and David H. Patton College of Education at Ohio University, enroll in a minimum of 12 graduate credit hours per semester as a full-time student, and maintain a required g.p.a within that particular college.
RESPONSIBILITIES: This position reports to the Director of Equipment Services, and is responsible for assisting in managing the Convocation Center equipment room (nine varsity sports) which consists of: athletic teams equipment storage, laundry facility, equipment procurement, and receiving area for daily UPS, FedEx and US mail deliveries, including:
- Assist with the day-to-day operations of the equipment room
- Implement the department inventory control system for assigned teams. Keep and maintain accurate inventories.
- Place team orders with the department contracted vendor.
- Work closely with all sports coaches on ordering, inventory, laundry and practice and game schedules.
- Assist with managing the department shipping and receiving area.
- Assist with the storage area of the equipment room and organize shelving for most effective use of space and inventory control.
- Ensure varsity equipment room compliance with all OSHA and department codes and policies.
To receive the full stipend, the position must work a minimum of 20 hours a week during the academic year.
Ohio Athletics recognizes that diversity is vital to the strength and success of the department and is committed to the recruitment and retention of a talented and diverse staff and student-athlete population.
Ohio University is committed to creating a respectful and inclusive educational and workplace environment. Ohio University is an equal access/equal opportunity and affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. Women, persons of color, persons with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Ohio University is a member of the OH/Western PA/WV Higher Education Recruitment Consortium. www.ohwpawvherc.org