The Head Athletic Equipment Manager plans, organizes and manages day-to-day operations of the intercollegiate sports teams athletic equipment and apparel program. Oversees budget development, purchasing, inventory, and maintenance of all sports equipment and apparel.
Florida Gulf Coast University is committed to establishing and maintaining an inclusive working and learning environment in which students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities, governance, and all other aspects of the campus life reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and international worldview.
At FGCU, we collectively stand against any individual or group that practices any form of racism, discrimination, intolerance, hate expressions, or disrespect. We are committed to preparing students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in an inherently diverse country and world made up of people with different ethnic and racial backgrounds, religious beliefs, abilities, ages, gender identities, sexual orientations, socio-economic status, cultural traditions, family statuses, and military backgrounds. FGCU strives to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our University stronger. The University community recognizes the importance of a diverse and inclusive institution and holds these ideals as paramount for the current and future success of the institution.
We seek colleagues who promote and embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply for this position as we believe that our University will grow and move forward through a commitment of equality for all.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
• Manages the daily operations of the Equipment Rooms and Storage Facilities, ensuring each is operated in a clean, efficient, and effective manner.
• Manages the daily laundry operations for the entire Athletic department, in a clean, efficient, and effective manner
• Collaborates with coaches to prepare athletic equipment budget proposals.
• Purchases all athletic equipment and apparel according to university policies. Processes all invoices and receipts to ensure timely payment and monitors equipment budgets.
• Implements an inventory control system to ensure accurate recording of all purchases, repairs, maintenance, and disposal of athletic equipment and apparel. Prepares team equipment travel bags and uniforms for road trips.
• Recruits, hires, trains, and manages a professional and OPS staff to assist in carrying out the goals and objectives of the program.
• Assists in the development, implementation, and evaluation of policies and procedures for the Facilities and Operations department within Athletics.
• Serves as a liaison with external vendors and partners related to equipment.
• Monitors the issuance of uniforms, both home and away, to teams, coaches, and individual athletes. Maintains accurate records of uniform and apparel issuance.
• Monitors the daily maintenance of equipment, which includes laundering and repair of uniforms, and general upkeep of equipment. Arranges for repairs as necessary.
• Collaborates with the Compliance Office to ensure equipment operations are in compliance with NCAA and ASUN/CCSA guidelines. Adheres to proper recordkeeping and documentation for all equipment operations.
• Ensures Environmental Health & Safety and OSHA safety practices are implemented, followed, and documented.
• Assist with Game Operations for a variety of sports, including, but not limited to, serving as a liaison with visiting team and officials, and ensuring equipment related items are readily available for competitions.
Other Job Duties
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
• Assists, coordinates, and completes special projects as assigned by the Associate Athletic Director for Facilities and Operations.
Additional Job Description
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in a related field.
• Two years of full-time professional experience in a higher education athletics department related to the position.
• Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience, and/or certifications may be considered.
• Experience operating a personal computer and proficient in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
• Proficiency in Excel for inventory management and reporting purposes.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Knowledge of inventory control principles and methods.
• Knowledge of applicable safety requirements.
• Knowledge of policies, procedures, and guidelines established by professional organizations and/or governing agencies.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects with minimal supervision.
• Ability to develop and implement policies, procedures, goals and objectives.
• Ability and willingness to assume new responsibilities
• Ability to take initiative to plan, organize, coordinate and perform work in various situations when numerous and diverse demands are involved.
• Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse group of staff, faculty, students, and the community in a service-oriented environment.
• Demonstrated ability to develop collaborative relationships with both internal and external constituencies.
• Ability to work successfully as both a member of a team and independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to effectively manage the work of others by providing information, guidance and motivation
• Ability to manage a budget and work within the constraints of that budget.
• Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Ability to frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
Salary Range: $45,000 to $48,000
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4008453