The University of Nevada Athletics Department is recruiting for a Manager, Equipment position. The Manager, Equipment is assigned to specific sports at the discretion of the Assistant AD and maintains responsibility for managing the overall program. The positions will maintain an equipment budget and inventory, forecasts equipment needs and allocations, recommends purchases, and works directly with vendors in the procurement of equipment while following guidelines of the University. The position is responsible for the equipment fitting and safety of student-athletes and maintains approval for signing-off a student to play. The incumbent coordinates home and away game equipment operations, travels with teams, and ensures all equipment arrives and transports safely. The incumbent collaborates with opposing team equipment departments to ensure Nevada athletes needs are met while away and visiting teams’ needs are met at home games. The Manager supervises an assigned crew of staff providing assistance and support to equipment rooms and teams. This position reports to the Assistant Athletics Director, Equipment & Inventory.
Master’s Degree and one (1) year of related work experience; OR Bachelor’s Degree and two (2) years of related work experience; OR Associate’s Degree and three (3) years of related work experience; OR High School Graduation and four (4) years of related work experience
Related Experience: experience working in an equipment room in professional sports or at an NCAA institution
Certification and Licensure:
- Certified Athletic Equipment Manager (AEMA) within six months of hire
- Driver’s License
Schedule or Travel Requirements:
- Regular travel
- Variable work schedule
Administrative Faculty – B
To view the salary schedule for this position, please visit: Salary Schedules and select Administrative Faculty by Grade. Salary is competitive and commensurate with related education and experience.
Our retirement plan is beyond compare. Your 17.50% contribution is generously matched by the University. With the faculty retirement plan, you are 100% vested your first day. Sit back and watch your retirement dollars grow! All permanent employees on an annual “A” or “B” contract who are employed at least 50% full-time are eligible to participate in the NSHE retirement program unless they are members of PERS of Nevada.
Perks of Working at UNR
- Health insurance options including dental and vision – Health Insurance
- Generous annual and sick leave and life insurance – Faculty Benefits
- E. L. Wiegand Fitness Center offers an annual or semester membership and family membership options. E.L. Wiegand Fitness Center
- Mountain EAP supports employees (and eligible dependents) through life’s difficult moments. Mountain EAP is located in Reno and specializes in counseling and advising services for personal or interpersonal issues.
- Several Diversity Committees and Affinity Groups focusing on campus-wide diversity initiatives to ensure we are working to create a diverse and welcoming campus climate. Diversity Groups
- Faculty Senate is the principal representing body for faculty. Its membership includes representatives from each academic and administrative major unit of the University. Faculty Senate
- No state income tax!
Grants-in-aid for Faculty Employees
The University is proud to provide a reduced-rate tuition benefit to faculty and qualified dependents. Faculty can take up to six credits per semester at a reduced rate. Dependents of faculty have unlimited credits, but in order to be eligible children must be unmarried and under the age of 24 and must receive at least 50% of their financial support from the employee and/or employee’s spouse or domestic partner. Faculty Grants-in-Aid
Faculty Dual Career Assistance Program
The University of Nevada, Reno recognizes the importance of addressing dual-career couples’ professional needs. We offer a dual career assistance program to newly hired faculty spouses/partners that provides resources and assists them to identify career opportunities in Northern Nevada. Dual Career Assistance Program
The University of Nevada, Reno, has a student body of approximately 21,000. Nevada is a member of the Mountain West Conference and sponsors 16 intercollegiate sports featuring more than 400 student-athletes. The University is situated in Reno, a metropolitan area of 350,000, on the eastern slope of the Sierra Nevada mountain range. The city is conveniently located 38 miles from Lake Tahoe, a world-class skiing area with limitless summer and winter recreational opportunities. Sacramento and San Francisco are, respectively, two and four hour drives away.
Search Coordinator – Cindy Bowling, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, once you submit your application the only attachment/s viewable to you will be the attachment/s to the resume/CV section of the application. Any additional required attachment/s to the cover letter, references, additional documents sections of the application, will not be viewable to you after you submit your application. All uploaded attachment/s will be on the application for the committee to review. To request updates to attachments, prior to the committee review of applications, please contact the candidate helpdesk at [email protected]
Please attach the following documents to your application
2) Cover Letter
3) Contact information for three professional references
4) Please write a brief statement (one page maximum) about how you would contribute toward our mission of creating a culturally inclusive environment in the role for which you are applying.
This posting is open until filled
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply immediately. This search will close without notice when a sufficient number of applications are received or a hiring decision has been made.