The Olympic Sports Equipment Intern will support the function of the equipment group by receiving and issuing athletic apparel and footwear to student-athletes.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in inventory management using Sportsoft Inventory Management System, this includes checking out items, maintain inventory levels, etc
- Coordinate proper laundering, dry cleaning, reconditioning and clothing repairs.
- Monitor the correct equipment fitting and protection of athletes in order to prevent injury and protect the University from liability.
- Maintain computerized inventory system, including conducting seasonal and yearly inventories.
- Organize all locker room needs for both MSU student athletes and visiting team athletes.
- Pack, load, unload and set up equipment and supplies for team trips.
Ability to work nights and weekends as needed
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
The university is requiring all MSU students, faculty and staff to be vaccinated against COVID-19 with limited exceptions. Learn more at: https://msu.edu/together-we-will/
Will include nights and weekends
Summary of Physical Demands
Ability to lift heavy equipment boxes, with weight greater than 50 pounds